Friday, January 7, 2011

Winter walk

A confession: winter and I don't always get along. I think the cold and snow make things festive, especially around the holidays, but perpetually gray skies get me down. So I turn to the old standbys to lift my spirits, like long underwear (striped), hot chocolate, and lots of silly old movies (like this one). And walks.

When L and I were in Cleveland over winter break, we took a walk in our local park system.


We remembered that on the rare days the sun decides to appear, an Ohio winter can be quite lovely.


We're more inclined to look for little moments when it's sunny and clear.


And when we've had enough of the great outdoors, we can always come home to a house that smells of the pine twined around the banister.


Back in Providence, I have to remind myself of these things. We're between snowfalls, so the city is cold and grimy and not very pretty.

Another walk might be just the ticket.

1 comment:

  1. my goodness! great minds think alike. hoping we get snow in providence to get things sparkly again. so glad to meet a fellow providence blogger!

    ReplyDelete